#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Monday, December 2, 2013

50 States of Pray - Linky List is open :)

Aloha,
About two months ago, I had a random thought.
Normally, these get me into trouble, but this one sounded like a great idea:
Why not set aside a moment to reflect on the year that was and share some hopes for the next year?

I’m calling it the 50 States of Pray event and I’d love to find at least one person (but the more the merrier) from each U.S. state to participate.
But wait... as they say on TV... This is absolutely open to anyone, anywhere. Imagine if we got one person from 50 independent states (countries), too. That would be amazing!

All that’s required is to take a moment and about 100 words. Then, on Dec. 24, 2013, please share a prayer, a thought, a memory, a hope and even a regret about the past and/or a wish for the future.
If you can’t post on the day... it’s Christmas Eve, Mark... (I know, I know :) feel free to schedule your post to go live on the 24th.
I'm *NOT* expecting people to comment - my only hope is that people can stop by to read, relax and reflect for as much time as they can spare :)
Simple rules:
A.    When clicking the Linky List "You are next... Click here to enterbutton, you'll first be asked for the link title (your name) or blog title. Please add a hyphen and the two-letter state abbreviation AFTER your name/blog, so I can track which state you'll be “representing.”
(e.g. Mark Koopmans – HI)

A1.     If you’re representing a foreign state or country, please add the 2- or 3-letter Country Code, so I can track which country you’ll be representing (e.g. Harold Pottear – ENG)

(As a courtesy, I've added the names and states/countries of those who've previously responded - but if I've misspelt a name or added the wrong state, just let me know!)

B. I appreciate everyone’s help so far, and would so love some more extra help promoting 50 States of Pray.
        B1. On Twitter, please promote the event by tweeting this post and/or using #50StatesOfPray hashtag.
        B2. Any help with sharing this post via Facebook would also be much appreciated.

The response from the Blogging Community (and beyond) has been wonderful and I’m looking forward to reading and sharing with you all.

In closing, here’s my simple goal behind 50 States of Pray:
Is there not a better time to help make the world a better place than Christmastime?

Deep down in my heart, I truly believe someone, somewhere will absolutely benefit from your words.

Merry Christmas, thanks for helping spread the word, and I hope to read you soon :)

And that’s it.
The Linky List below is now officially open!




42 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Signed up! It just opened, and yet I'm so late to the list - what happened?

Unknown said...

Shared on Twitter and Facebook :-)

Donna K. Weaver said...

What a lovely idea! Sharing.

Melissa said...

Wishing you wild success with this hop, Mark. It's off to a great start. :)

Yolanda Renée said...

Hey Mark, made the changes - added the Linky List and now it's a go!

Huntress said...

Doh!

Forgot to add my state of Confusion and Stupidity.

Missouri.

*headdesk*

Mary Aalgaard said...

I signed up, but missed adding my state. How do I go back to add it? Sorry. I'm from Minnesota. Uff-da, as we say here. Great idea, Mark. I'm in, with bells on.

Al Diaz said...

I've shared this wonderful project of yours, Mark. I would love to join but I will be away from blog land as of the next Monday until next year. Yet, I'll keep promoting it as I think this idea rocks. Dragon Hugs!

Kimberly said...

This is such a wonderful idea - signed up for AZ :)

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Yay!! I'm signed up and I posted about it. I would say I'll tweet, but that's a lie. I'm still such a loser tweeter.

Sarah Foster said...

Signed up! :)

Elephant's Child said...

Life has got a bit complex, and I am not certain I can play. When things calm down a bit hopefully I will.

Elise Fallson said...

Off to le tweet!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Love you idea. I mentioned it on my blog today.

S.P. Bowers said...

Cool, thanks for putting me in!

Huntress said...

Come on Missourians! Where are you Midwestern people? Iowans? Nebraskans? Get on the stick.

Chancelet said...

Beautiful idea. Although I'm slowing down my blog hops, I think this is one I'd love to be a part of. Writer’s Mark

Sheena-kay Graham said...

The Visitor is present. I mean Jamaica represent!

Deniz Bevan said...

Looking forward to it!

Nicole said...

Mark, I LOVE this idea! I'm onboard for the frozen tundra up here in Wisconsin. :)

Unknown said...

Hey, am I the first from Oz? Think so!

StratPlayerCJF said...

Really looking forward to it, Mark!

I've added the badge to my blog and I will promote it throughout the month. However, I neither tweet nor facebook (I can use that as a verb, right?), so my blog will be the only way I can promote it.

But I will be adding earnest pre-prayer (I can proactively pre-pray without violating the rules, right?)

Michelle Wallace said...

Three of us representing The Rainbow Nation ~ South Africa! Yay!

Mark, since this post will appear on my blog on the 24th, you should link my name to my blog, which is http://writer-in-transit.co.za/
Thanks!

Frankie Miller said...

I was pleased to meet you and I'm signing up to give you a 50+1 States of Pray. Thanks for having me.

Robin said...

Signed up! And now following, too. I see you EVERYWHERE Mark and it is about time I got in on this action!!!

klahanie said...

Hey Mazza!

You know I'm wishing you and all those involved, much fulfilment and positivity.

Your ideals within this are indeed a thoughtful gesture within a community that displays the nature of true sharing and caring.

I have and will again, take the liberty of sharing your update.

Personally, I do something from my own angle at Christmas. It's very interactive and will be revealed in about two weeks time.

Wishing you much comfort and joy, comfort and joy....

Gary :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I see two Floridas - is it okay to double up on the states? Alex already snagged NC.

Mark Koopmans said...

@ Diane: Sure! The more the merrier :-)

Arlee Bird said...

Thank you for adding me on. I don't remember doing it, but yesterday was an absolute frazzle of a day. I could have done anything and not knew I did it.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Donna Smith said...

Thanks for fixing my link. Tried to go back and edit, but alas, 'twern't possible. Looking forward to the 24th!

Unknown said...

You've got another NC on board! I'll bring the Christmas cocktails:)
WriterlySam

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

HI Mark - thanks for putting me in - I looked on the 1st .. but sleeping dogs in Hawaii were still zizzing .. or just annotating all the linky links?!

Cheers I'll be along and considering our thoughts on life, and the world in general - I'll catch up how many States you've got, and how many of us furriners are around ..

Cheers and this is an excellent idea - Hlary

Suzanne said...

Think this is a lovely idea, and exactly what Christmas is all about :)
Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
xx

Bethie said...

Great Idea! Over 50 and I don't see my state--LA. That's Louisiana, not Los Angeles. I get asked that a lot.

Livia Peterson said...

All signed up! Can't wait!

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Hi Mark,
I am slightly confused by reading the title. 50 States!!! I thought it’s only for the Americans only!! LOL, but reading the text i found that you opened this opportunity to other countries too. I just entered but forgot to add my country name, pl. read it as IND. (India)
Thanks for this lovely and wonderful and great idea.
Keep Inform.
Ha!, today is the Great Roast Day at Arlee's Place!!! LOL I just posted few words about Arlee. Cheers!! And Great ROAST!!!
Phil

Lauren said...

I did, I did, I did read the instructions. Then I goofed. Put me down for Utah

Nicki Elson said...

I've been meaning to get over here to sign up for this, so *whew* I remembered. It's a lovely idea & I'll be representing Illinois along w/ Michael at In Time...

Anonymous said...

Busy time of year, as you know, but I'm finally signed up now :)

cleemckenzie said...

I haven't had time to do anything for almost three months. My mom passed and then my son was in an accident. I need some reflective time and here's a chance to do it.

I'll spread the word.

Carrie-Anne said...

I realised after signing up that I forgot to put my state. Should I delete my entry and do it again?

JoJo said...

I also forgot to add my state...I'm in Massachusetts.

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;