#socialmediabuttons {text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; display:block;} -->
Wednesday, March 11, 2015

#amwriting, am moving & ready to share!

Aloha,

"Blogger Friends, Romance readers, countrymen, lend me your ears!"

Because, well, mine have been packed.

"Er, has anyone seen #3 Son...?"


Our home is in crates and I'm still cringing at how much dust/French fries/popcorn/missing toys were found under the couches, cabinets and TV stands.

One of the boys went running for a fry and I was like, "Stop!! The McDonald's Forensic Anthropologist Team need to preserve the evidence. FAT will stay for as long as it takes."


"Ah, there you are! Yes, stay outside the paper. Good boy!"


I'm writing from a hotel room in a low chair with a high table (trying desperately to prevent the blood in my arms from pooling in my elbows)

This place is one of four we will sleep in over the next twelve days.

As we pull down the shades on Hawaii and get ready to kick open the door to Virginia, I can't wait to re-experience that simple thing people on the Mainland call "access." Sure, I'll go visit that White House thingy and check out the stuff at the Smithsonian, but I can't wait to reconnect with the important landmark places like Trader Joes and Panera Bread.

Several people have - upon receipt of my large stash of (expired) Blockbuster Gift Cards - wondered about my story and how weird my voice might sound considering I was born and raised in Dublin, but have lived in more than fifty places since I left Ireland in 1989.

 Blogger buddies and authors, Carrie Butler and E.J. Wesley of NA Alley (the information hub for New Adult Fiction) produce a themed monthly Podcast called Alleycast.

I'll be on with them this coming Tuesday for their special St. Patrick's Day podcast. During the interview, we'll chat about me, offer up a little info about St. Paddy, spend a good amount of time chortling (Carrie) and cackling (E.J.) while I remain very professional and don't mention any of my weird adventures while working throughout Europe and the USA.

Oh, and I can finally share a special announcement, which has been six years in the making.

Talk to you Tuesday and have a fantastic St. Patrick's Day.

PS: This will be my 20th Paddy's Day in the U.S., but I still get the *biggest* kick from the fact that most everyone enjoys being Oirish for a day.)


Stars & Stripes Flying Over Pearl Harbor, Hawaii

22 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hopefully you find son number three when you arrive in Virginia!

DRC said...

Good luck with the move and enjoy St Paddy's Day...

Jeremy [Retro] said...

So wait, what happened? Kidding... be safe in all your journeys and your new surroundings..

Anonymous said...

Yay, you wrote Oirish! hehehe My fake Irish accent isn't as bad as my fake Scottish accent, but I tend to lean towards the fake Northern Irish accent. lol

Safe travels!

Jo said...

Wishing you all the best in your move Mark. I don't envy you one bit. Hugs.

DL Hammons said...

Good luck with the move and settling in!

PS. The title of my YA Paranormal/Mystery is MOVING FEAR. :)

LD Masterson said...

Moving tip. Pack the kids. Toss in a few french fries and poke some air holes - they'll be fine.

Hope the move goes smoothly.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I have, have, have to remember to listen in to that podcast. I still can't get used to your new blog look.

Loni Townsend said...

Looks like a fun move! Good luck not losing any children!

Emily R. King said...

That's a big move! I hope it goes smoothly, and that you can find son #3. :)

Robin said...

That there's a ton of boxes. Twelve days of hotel living... oh my. Hang in there. I hope you really like your new place!

Elephant's Child said...

Special announcement? You have really mastered the cliff-hanger genre.
Have as much fun as you can in the moving insanity.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

You're moving to Virginia? That is news!
My brother lives in Alexandria, which is an awesome city. We love visiting him there. Since you mention visiting D.C., I guess you're going to be in northern VA too?

Unknown said...

The podcast was so much fun! Can't wait to share it with everyone. Very best wishes on a safe move for you and the fam!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Mark - I presume the count of sons is still correct?! Good luck with the move etc .. and also your news and new places to visit and see ... quite a difference from Hawaii to Virginia .. good luck with the logistics and all .. and see nearer your home town that Oirish one .. actually I think it was further east wasn't it - Dutch land?? Ah well ... hope all does go well .. cheers Hilary

Lisa said...

You keep teasing us! Good luck with the move, and keeping the children in sight! This is going to be fun, all except the weather when you get to Virginia, hope you've kept some coats out of the boxes! Can't wait to "hear you" and, see what you have to tell us next Tuesday?!

Suzi said...

You're such a tease. Would you just tell us the secret already? :)

Sabrina A. Fish said...

Safe travels, my friend! And how can you tell us you're going to share big news, then not do it?! Bad form, dear sir!!! Just kidding, of course. I'll be waving from Oklahoma as your airplane passes overhead. Happy St. Pats Day!

cleemckenzie said...

Lots of changes going on in your life. Here's to all of them bringing you happiness. That secret must be on the positive side of things.

Elise Fallson said...

Ok, time to spill the beans buster! As for St. Paddy's Day, I'm going to celebrate it by getting a full body deep tissue massage (going to redeem my b-day gift card) :D Anyway, safe travels, and do you think they'll let me bring green beer into the massage place?

Unknown said...

Hello Mark and family, Eileen's mom here. I was unpacking some boxes (yes, boxes from our move 9 months ago) and found your business card and decided to look you up, and what do I find, your moving to Virginia. How exciting!!! Mainland living is so nice, I won't lie. We do miss Hawaii every once in a while, mainly Eileen, she hates wearing real shoes and the winter was not so kind to us, lol. But spring is soon upon us followed by summer and she will be once again happy. I hope the move goes well for you all, and the transition to mainland living as well.

June Griffith said...

Knowing that your kid is actually not in one of the papers or boxes you packed is a relief. Haha! Anyway, how are things doing at the new house? I haven’t read any updates about the move, but I hope things went pretty well. You can’t really avoid the stress those boxes will bring when it comes to unpacking them, but I’m sure you’ll manage to do all that, eventually. Hehe. Thanks for sharing this with us. All the best!


June Griffith @ Arnold and Self

Post a Comment

Dude saunters up to Dude-ette: You Comment Here Often?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;